in the project https://www.ohloh.net/p/ask-bob the mine count is negative ! All the commit are here but it seems that the analysis doesnot take them into account at all.
Maybe the counter only uses the default branch (for mercurial repositery), but it seems very weird to me.
Any idea ?
I think this can be attributed to a bug in Ohloh.
If a code change is repeated on many branches, and then those branches are merged together, Ohloh does not properly compute the total lines of code. For instance, if you delete the same 100 lines of code on two branches and then merge those two branches, the net result is -100 lines, but Ohloh will count it twice for a net result of -200 lines.
It looks like the early history of this repository has some branching in the first few revisions, and then those branches are merged back together in at revision 13. It's possible that duplicate changes on these early branches have caused Ohloh to miscount the total.
This is a bug in Ohloh which needs fixing, and I don't think there's a workaround.
ok thank you
@Robin: You probably want to do something similar to what git log --first-parent -m --oneline --shortstat does.
Thanks for the info. I've added it to our bug on this issue so when we go to fix it we'll see the info :)
We fixed the underlying issue and pushed out a set of fixes this weekend. https://www.ohloh.net/p/ask-bob/analyses/latest looks good now.
Copyright © 2013 Black Duck Software, Inc. and its contributors, Some Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise marked, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License . Ohloh ® and the Ohloh logo are trademarks of Black Duck Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.