Angel is a 2D game prototyping engine based on OpenGL and C++.
Angel was originally made by a group of employees at Electronic Arts Los Angeles for use in a GameJam they were planning for April 2008. The source was opened in January 2009.
* Actors (game objects with color, shape, responses, attributes, etc.)
* Texturing with Transparency
* "Animations" (texture swapping at defined intervals)
* Rigid-Body Physics
* A clever programmer can do soft-body physics
* Text Rendering with multiple fonts
* Particle Systems
* Some basic AI (state machine / pathfinding)
* Config Files
* Input from a mouse, keyboard, or Xbox 360 controller
* Binding inputs from a config file
* Python Scripting
* In-Game Console
Copyright © 2013 Black Duck Software, Inc. and its contributors, Some Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise marked, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License . Ohloh ® and the Ohloh logo are trademarks of Black Duck Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.