The mission of the FIFE project is to create a cross platform game creation framework. Exact engine feature list changes over time, but the following lists the main guidelines for development
* Games can be created with combination of engine, editor tools, game specific scripts and game content.
* Framework is not tied to any type of game (e.g. RTS, RPG), but instead provides flexible platform for all of them.
* Framework supports different isometric views with addition of pure top-down view.
* Instead of full 3D flexibility, engine focuses mainly on using high quality 2D graphics. This puts less demands on target platforms and also simplifies the framework and game development.
* Purpose of the editor tools is to help to bind the game content with the engine and scripts.
Copyright © 2013 Black Duck Software, Inc. and its contributors, Some Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise marked, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License . Ohloh ® and the Ohloh logo are trademarks of Black Duck Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.