Flourish is a PHP unframework — a general-purpose, object-oriented library. It's architecture is modular and thus not strictly MVC. It focuses on being secure, broadly compatible, portable, well documented and easy to use.
You will find Flourish useful if you need to write code that is any of the following:
- Consistent and easy to understand
- Needs to effortlessly model simple or complex databases, especially existing schemas
- Works with international data
- Can perform accurate math calculations
- Easily manipulates images
- Able to run on different databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Can be used on closed-source projects
- Works with PHP 5.1+
- Might need an architecture other than MVC
- Plays nicely with other libraries and frameworks
Copyright © 2013 Black Duck Software, Inc. and its contributors, Some Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise marked, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License . Ohloh ® and the Ohloh logo are trademarks of Black Duck Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.