LuxRender is a free software rendering system for photo-realistic and physicaly unbiased image synthesis. It is written in C++ and built around PBRT, providing a flexible ray tracing core and an extensible object-oriented design.
Our goal is to extend PBRT into a complete renderer for artistic use, including :
- Flexible multi-threading of integrators
- GUI with real time tonemapping controls, renderer configuration dialogs, etc...
- Robust scene file format and API, exporters for Blender and other 3D packages
- Speed optimisations with SSE/SIMD implementation
- Semi-programmabe shading/materials & GUI material editor(s)
- Physical sky/daylight model
Copyright © 2013 Black Duck Software, Inc. and its contributors, Some Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise marked, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License . Ohloh ® and the Ohloh logo are trademarks of Black Duck Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.