SOCI-Ada is a database access library for Ada, based on the SOCI project.
SOCI-Ada provides the following features of SOCI to the Ada community:
* Modular design based on dynamic backend loading. Thanks to this feature, new backends implemented within the context of the main SOCI project are immediately available for Ada programmers without any additional work. A large community of C++ users can help ensure that the new backends are well tested in a variety of environments and usage scenarios.
* Native backends for major database servers ensure optimal performance and minimize configuration overhead and complexity that is usually associated with other database access methods.
* Direct support for bulk operations allow to achieve high performance with queries that operate on large data sets.
* Very liberal open-source license (Boost, accepted by Open Source Initiative) that encourages both commercial and non-commercial use.
* Easy to use and compact interface.
Currently the following database servers are directly supported via their native interfaces:
Copyright © 2013 Black Duck Software, Inc. and its contributors, Some Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise marked, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License . Ohloh ® and the Ohloh logo are trademarks of Black Duck Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.