I was doing quite a bit of web 2.0 development that included the generation of XML to and from domain objects within my application. This was an incredibly tedious task to write custom generation and parsing off so then I decided to make use of JAXB. From the first few examples I created using JAXB I noticed a lot of boilerplate code that would be created so then i decided to to use an intercepter and result type (within struts 2) to remove the need for all of this. So thats when the first version was born and from there its just naturally matured to the state it is in now.
Simple How ToSo there is a lot of JavaDoc on the intercepter and result type declared in the jar file, but i'd annoy a lot of people if i directed you to that. So i'll give you a more detailed step by step how-to fo