Commit ID 7e25234d6f25cf1dd622e4d17e70902c99e63b8b
as Poul-Henning Kamp
|Date:||27-June-2012 at 09:51||Lines Added:||98|
|Repository:||git://git.varnish-cache.org/varnish-cache master||Lines Removed:||152|
|Commit Comment:||Overhaul the thread-pool herding code.
NB: Changes to parameter defaults & units included in this commit!
I tried to apply some queuing theory to this problem and as much as
I admire Agner Krarup Erlang, his math isn't much help when you don't
know any of the relevant metrics for your queue.
Instead I took a much simpler approach: "If we fail to get a thread,
we probably need more threads", and have rewritten the herder to to
react faster and more reliably to such events.
I went over the parameters for thread-pools and normalized timeouts
to seconds rather than milliseconds (beware!) and polished descriptions
|Language||Code Added||Code Removed||Comments Added||Comment Removed||Blanks Added||Blanks Removed|
|File||Language||Code Added||Code Removed||Comments Added||Comment Removed||Blanks Added||Blanks Removed|
|bin/varnishtest/tests/c00002.vtc||No source code was detected in this file.|